Smartsheet Forms Updating a Sheet

Options

Hello,

I am not sure if this is available but I am looking to do the following. I have a Smartsheet with individual elevator numbers, name and location. There are about 85. I am seeing if its possible to have a drop down on the form which the inspector will choose the elevator number and the name and location will self populate. At that point, the inspector will choose whether or not specific categories fail or pass for that elevator.

On the original Smartsheet I'd like to keep the most updated status but on a separate sheet keep I'd like to keep a records of the individual inspections. is it possible?

Thanks,

Pete

Tags:

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Pete Panos

You can not have form entries self populate based on a selected dropdown. HOWEVER you can have the cells in the sheet populate based on the form submitted dropdown. While these will not be visible in the form they will be in the sheet. To achieve this you would want an Index Match or Index Collect. With all the information on a reference sheet to pull to the sheet that form submission is attached to.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Pete Panos

You can not have form entries self populate based on a selected dropdown. HOWEVER you can have the cells in the sheet populate based on the form submitted dropdown. While these will not be visible in the form they will be in the sheet. To achieve this you would want an Index Match or Index Collect. With all the information on a reference sheet to pull to the sheet that form submission is attached to.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!