Is there a way to set up repeating notifications until status changes?

I work in a Lab and have set up an Incident form so we can track and record each incident through to completion/solution. Right now, it's set to ping a person when an incident is added to the list but beyond that, it waits for a manual change to the form when someone goes in and addresses it. I need to know if there is a way to keep those pings going out, either by email or otherwise, until it's addressed. I did not see any options for this in any of the templates nor a way to set one up myself BUT I am by no means a Smartsheet super user!! Please advise, oh wise and wonderful community!

Answers

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/12/24

Definitely! If you set up the trigger for "When a date is reached", then choose custom (from the "Run once" dropdown), you can make the notification go out however frequently you'd like. Then you just add the criteria to filter to only items that are "open" so the notification doesn't go out for anything closed.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Cory Page
    Cory Page ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, there are a few ways but it seems you may only need a daily automation to meet your needs so that should be pretty straight forward.

For the trigger simply use "When a date is reached" then for the frequency select custom and make it run daily at whichever time you would like. You could merge this into your current automatons for activity but I would just set up a new workflow for now to keep things simple. You can use your current activity driven workflows if you want just copy and update the trigger to what you see below.

(Side note: I am thinking you have / are using workflows currently, it is possible that you're just using the default alerts and not workflows. If when I say create a workflow and you're not sure what I mean just let us know and we can help walk you through creating one, they are super easy once you get a few created. )

• CCatAz
    CCatAz ✭✭

I will try this… but was looking also for a way to do it on an even smaller time window. I was asked to have them issues every 30min, if possible. These suggestions are a great start! I can go play around some more!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

• Cory Page
    Cory Page ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, they restrict to one hour increments only. I am not sure of an automatic way to work on the half hour times. Good luck

• CCatAz
    CCatAz ✭✭

If one hour is all we can have, one hour it is!!! Thank you again!!!