Alert mail list

curious_user
edited 06/14/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,
I want to create a smartsheet where I want to set a mailing list to send Alerts on the basis of contents in a cell.

Eg If Row 10 column B has Software then I want to send the alert mail to a mailing list and say it has Hardware then I want to send alert to a different mailing list. How to create this mailing list and set this alert.

Answers

• Hello,
    I want to create a smartsheet where I want to set a mailing list to send Alerts on the basis of contents in a cell.

Eg If Row 10 column B has Software then I want to send the alert mail to a pre-defined mailing list and say it has Hardware then I want to send alert to a different mailing list. How to create this mailing list and set this alert.

• Hello,

You can accomplish this with a conditional workflow. Use the 'Alert Someone' template and set conditions as to who to notify and with what message when either Software or Hardware is selected in your column.

Add a condition path so you can customize both actions from the same workflow. Ensure you add the distribution lists and emails to the 'Alert Someone' boxes. Your final workflow should look something like this: