Moving an end date

Is there a way to move the end date for a project, keep all the task durations locked, and see the effect on the dates for the preceding tasks? At the moment, when I change the end date, it simply changes the duration of the last task.

Answers

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure I'm fully understanding your question. Are you stating that you have project settings turned on and you want to see the affect changing a task has on it's successors? There are a few different ways you could track this:

-to understand which tasks are successors (list that line as a predecessor), you can create a column with the following formula: =JOIN(SUCCESSORS(), ", ")

-to see the the impact of a change, you can set/reset baseline settings. That way, you can see the effect a change (or changes) has had since you set the baseline.

-another way to highlight changes is to turn on the "Highlight Changes" option in the toolbar to highlight what cells have been changed (directly, via predecessor, or cell link) in a given period (hour, week, etc.)

If I'm missing your question altogether here, feel free to provide further context and/or screenshots of what you're working on (with sensitive data redacted).

Hope this helps!:)