Lists

I have two sheets that I work from. One is sorted by the newest requests coming in at the top, the other one is sorted to show the newest requests at the bottom. I can't figure out out to flip the one to show the newest requests at the top.

Best Answer

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There are a few ways to accomplish this:

-For a one-time fix, you can ensure there is a "Created Date" column that auto-logs the date the request was created. Then highlight all rows, right-click, select "Sort By", and sort by created date. However, this isn't the most robust as it only does one time.

-To adjust how form submissions (which I assume is what you mean with requests coming in) enter the sheet, open the form builder window, select the settings tab at the top. About halfway down, there's an option to have new submissions show either at the top or bottom of the sheet.

-Finally, one great way to sort and/or group data from one or multiple sheets is through building a report. This will keep entries auto-sorted if set up this way regardless of how rows are edited or moved around in the source sheet(s).

Hope this helps!:)

Answers

• brianschmidt
    brianschmidt ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

There are a few ways to accomplish this:

-For a one-time fix, you can ensure there is a "Created Date" column that auto-logs the date the request was created. Then highlight all rows, right-click, select "Sort By", and sort by created date. However, this isn't the most robust as it only does one time.

-To adjust how form submissions (which I assume is what you mean with requests coming in) enter the sheet, open the form builder window, select the settings tab at the top. About halfway down, there's an option to have new submissions show either at the top or bottom of the sheet.

-Finally, one great way to sort and/or group data from one or multiple sheets is through building a report. This will keep entries auto-sorted if set up this way regardless of how rows are edited or moved around in the source sheet(s).

Hope this helps!:)

• thank you Brian! So helpful. Once I checked my other sheet it was setup the way you said. So I changed my other sheet in settings.