Survey Reporting

I have created a survey and activated a form which is now being completed. The data is coming back into the sheet, but now I need to report on that data and hopefully build a dashboard for all of it. How can I report on qualitative information? The choices are correct or incorrect for each of 25 questions across maybe 80 respondents and I want to be able to see the % of correct vs. incorrect for each answer so I can develop a training curriculum around that. Any thoughts?

Answers

• JIDEATTURRA
    JIDEATTURRA ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You could do a count of each question for correct and incorrect.

Then you can divide each by the total for a %.

Then you can display this as a widget on the Dashboard - perhaps a stacked bar chart to see the % for each question pretty easily.

• @JIDEATTURRA do you mean create this through a report, summary sheet or other?

• JIDEATTURRA
    JIDEATTURRA ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You could also create a report and filter it by correct / incorrect and group by Question.. but this wont display as a widget on the Dashboard.

You can create a sheet and do the following: Have a question column on the left with:

Question 1

Question 2

Question 3

Question 4

etc.

Then have a text/number column next to this called - Correct

=CountIF({Cross Reference the question column in the original sheet}, "Insert Correct Answer")

Then have a text number column next to this called - Incorrect

=CountIF({Cross Reference the question column in the original sheet}, "Insert Incorrect Answer")

Then have a column next to this text/number which is a % column (change this from the toolbar by clicking the % icon) called % correct:

=Correct@row/Incorrect@row

Now you all of the questions, the number correct and incorrect for each, and the % the correct makes up.

You can add a chart to a dashboard using this data.

If this helped, please upvote, it helps me.

• JIDEATTURRA
    JIDEATTURRA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/18/24

You can also click the sheet summary icon on the right toolbar of the original sheet and add a field called

Question 1 Correct

The formula in this would be =CountIF([Question 1 Column]:[Question 1 Column], "Insert Correct Answer")

Then repeat this for all the questions.

Then you can create a summary report using these fields as columns.

If this helped, please upvote, it helps me.

• @JIDEATTURRA that was my worry that I would have to do the q1,q2,q3, but if that's the only way, I understood all of that. And I also understand the % column. I just wish there was functionality in SS that did all this for me! lol… I guess I overstated the capability. Thank you

• JIDEATTURRA
    JIDEATTURRA ✭✭✭✭✭✭

For a metric to display it on the Dashboard, you'd have to do that.

To just get an overview of it you could just create a report and group by question, then summarize the total of each answer to see an overview of how many people got right vs wrong.. this would then be automatic.

• fyi the question1, 2,3, etc. need to be on columns in order for the chart to pull it. It didn't like the rows being the questions "could not chart." I think it has to be on the columns so I just copied the data sheet so I can calculate correct, incorrect, etc.

• JIDEATTURRA
    JIDEATTURRA ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I can have questions 1 through 25 as a list (no need for 25 columns), then have two count columns to the right (correct / incorrect) and chart it.. with different colors for the columns based on correct and incorrect.

• JIDEATTURRA
    JIDEATTURRA ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Make sure the count column is number and you havent added text into it else that will cause issues displaying on a Dashboard!