Shared Work Sheet

Q1) When I insert a new row, the cell is automatically in pink color, is there a way to make it white?

Q2) Also I have share sheet with a colleague and when I update formula or make changes to the Masterfile, why doesn't his update automatically?

Q3) Also when my colleague tried to edit his End date, it wouldn't allow him saying that it's dependent on the subtask date, how to edit that change so that cell is not dependent on the subtask, if anything, the subtask should be dependent on the target start and end date.

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Roxanne Basgen Great questions!

Q1) Check to make sure there isn't any conditional formatting set up on the sheet. Another option could be if the sheet was imported from an excel file that had conditional formatting sometimes it tends to stick around even though you can't see it until you add a new row. The last option would be to create a new sheet and then copy the contents of that sheet into a new one. Don't do a save as new.

Q2) Afer you make your changes, be sure you are saving and refreshing. It should only take a minute or two for his sheet to be updated. If cell values change, the cells will turn blue momentarily. And just to clarify the Masterfile is the sheet, correct. Your question kind of sounds like there could be 2 sheets involved here.

Q3) If you switch to Gantt view and click the settings wheel on the upper right, you can then turn dependencies off from there. There are pros and cons with turning off the dependencies so maybe do a Save as new on the sheet and then play around with test sheet with the dependencies turned off to see if you like it. For example: Task Completion % won't rollup to Milestone Completion %, which won't then update the Overall Project Completion %. You can add formulas to replicate that but you'll still lose that automatic functionality as more milestones get added.

I hope that helps.

Matt

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Q1 and Q2 I would agree with @Matt Johnson with the added piece of (for Q2) sometimes the other user(s) need to refresh their sheet / browser before the updates are there depending on what they are doing at the time.

Q3 sounds like maybe you could also look at adjusting the predecessors.