Conditional formatting based on date

Good morning,

I need a formula that will turn the date in the Attempted Contact column grey, if it is more than one day past the date in the Assigned column.

Is this possible?

Best Answer

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @skh,

You will need to use a "helper" column for this. Create a new column that will track if the Attempted Date meets the criteria - I suggest a check box.

I created a checkbox column called "Attempted Contact (Helper)" - this can be hidden. I added the following formula: "=IF([Attempted Contact]@row > (Assigned@row + 1), 1)". This will check the box once the date is greater that 1 day late.

Next, you can create a conditional format based on that checkbox,

Hope this helps,

Dave

Answers

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @skh,

You will need to use a "helper" column for this. Create a new column that will track if the Attempted Date meets the criteria - I suggest a check box.

I created a checkbox column called "Attempted Contact (Helper)" - this can be hidden. I added the following formula: "=IF([Attempted Contact]@row > (Assigned@row + 1), 1)". This will check the box once the date is greater that 1 day late.

Next, you can create a conditional format based on that checkbox,

Hope this helps,

Dave

• Thank you! This worked perfect. I have two other columns that will need a similar formula:

I need a formula that will turn the date in the Contacted Date column grey, if it is more than one day past the date in the Assigned column.

And I need a formula that will turn the date in the Planned Inspection column grey, if it is more than two days past the date in the Assigned column.