Date Based Workflow Notifications

Hi All,

I need to create a workflow for a simple alert notification based off an employee's hire date. There is a column with the date for each employee listed. I need the alert to be triggered at the 85 day mark. I know there are pre-set time frames (60 days after, 90 days after etc),but was wondering if there is a work-around or another option to be able to do 85 days.

Thanks in advance !

Answers

• Kerry St. Thomas
    Kerry St. Thomas ✭✭✭✭✭

For setups like this, I use two helper columns. One is type Checkbox (call it Notification needed) - I add a column formula that would be along the lines of =IF(NETDAYS([Hire Date], TODAY())>85,1,0) to check the box - and a second that's type Date (call it Notification Date). Then I add an automation that triggers every day (or every weekday if you prefer), Condition = Notification Needed IS CHECKED and Date of Notification IS BLANK, Action = your email and then after that email, Record A Date to the Notification Date column. This way, you have a record of when things went out - in the event you need to send a second notification at 90 days or whatever if they don't do specific things and/or if you need to say "On X Date, we sent you a notification but haven't heard back" or something like that.

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!