Identifying paid user accounts via the API

Until recently it's been possible to identify licensed, paid users via the API looking at the licensedSheetCreator attribute.

However, with the recent changes to Resource Viewers it seems that it is possible for the API to return users who are non-billable resource viewers with licensedSheetCreator: true .

This is leading to users being falsely identified as billable based on the API response. In the UI they are returned in the unlicensed user filter (even though their profile displays with the "Licensed user" role checked).

How do I get an accurate list of licensed, billable users from the API now?

Answers

• Isaac A.
    Isaac A. Employee
    edited 07/09/24

Hi @joe_mh!

I’ve checked our documentation and did not find any updates regarding the licensedSheetCreator attribute. I also made a successful API call using Postman and received the expected behavior.

Please double-check your results and look closely to see if this issue affects multiple users or just a specific group. For more personalized assistance, I recommend gathering as much information as possible, including using Postman to test and providing it in a support case. Include screenshots and a list of affected users so our support team can research this further. You can open a support case here: Smartsheet Support Portal.

Additionally, you can discuss this with other developers on Stack Overflow for further assistance: Stack Overflow - Smartsheet API.

Cheers,

Isaac.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now