Recall Form

I tried finding an answer, but is there a way to design a form to recall information "if" criteria matches?

So if Criteria 1 = True and Criteria 2 = True, recall data from the table.

Criteria 1: Location

Criteria 2: Type of Incident

So if Criteria 1 is found and Criteria 2 is found, return all of the data for that incident. This would lessen duplicates and allow the individual to update the information.

Answers

• Kerry St. Thomas
    Kerry St. Thomas ✭✭✭✭✭

A form creates a new row of data on a sheet. So you wouldn't be able to partially populate any info on that form. It sounds like what you might be able to do though is use an automation after the form is submitted - possibly an Update Request based on some kind of helper column (for example, if Criteria 1 and Criteria 2 both exist elsewhere then to check the earliest timestamp of a row to trigger the automation) to identify potential duplicates and ask the original submitter to provide additional information if needed. Just one idea on how you might be able to meet a similar need within the structure of what Smartsheet can offer.

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

• Pestomania
    Pestomania ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you think of a way to do:

• If this is a duplicate, merge all data and delete any records that are not the most updated?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would need to leverage the API or third party app to delete rows, but what you can do is use a second sheet to create a list of each unique item listed only once and then use formulas with cross sheet references to pull the most recent data in.

Are you able to provide more details or potentially some screenshots for context?

• Pestomania
    Pestomania ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not have any yet, but I will try to put something together.