Checked checkbox returning blank..?

SteyJ
SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have forms that are index matching information, then datameshing, and checkboxes which check to see if the data has meshed. Quite the entangled set of words there, but essentially this is happening on my Firefox/Linux desktop pc. Anyone ever have this issue?

All of these boxes are checked, but they appear in a strange way..

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey

Answers

• Not specifically however, and sorry for this potentially obvious comment, this sort of thing could be occurring as a consequence of caching issues, compatibility issues or outdates versions of browsers etc that are causing issues with the rendering. Can you look the sheet on another device, does it look the same there?

Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the issue:

1. Clear Cache and Cookies: Sometimes, browser cache and cookies can cause display issues. Clear them and refresh the page to see if it resolves the problem.
    2. Browser Update: Ensure that you are using the latest version of Firefox. Outdated versions might have compatibility issues with certain web applications.
    3. Try a Different Browser: Check if the issue persists in a different browser, such as Chrome or Edge. If it works fine in another browser, it might be a Firefox-specific issue.
    4. Check for Extensions: Disable any browser extensions that might interfere with the display of web pages. Some extensions, especially those related to ad-blocking or privacy, can cause display issues.
    5. Outdated or Incorrect Drivers: Using outdated or incorrect graphics drivers can cause display issues. Ensure you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card.
      1. For NVIDIA graphics cards, you can install the proprietary drivers using the following command in Linux:
        1. sudo apt-get install nvidia-driver
      2. For AMD graphics cards, you can install the proprietary drivers using the command
        1. sudo apt-get install amdgpu-pro
      3. For Intel graphics, the drivers are usually well-supported and included in the kernel, but you can update your system to ensure you have the latest:
        1. sudo apt-get update

2. sudo apt-get upgrade
    6. Check for Hardware Acceleration Issues: Sometimes, hardware acceleration can cause display problems in browsers. You can try disabling hardware acceleration in Firefox:
      1. Open Firefox and go to Preferences (or Settings).
      2. Scroll down to the Performance section.
      3. Uncheck Use recommended performance settings.
      4. Uncheck Use hardware acceleration when available.
    7. Reinstall Firefox: Sometimes, reinstalling Firefox can help resolve rendering issues.
      1. sudo apt-get remove firefox

2. sudo apt-get install firefox

Some of them might seem really obvious however it's a good place to start and may resolve the problem. Good luck.

• SteyJ
    SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Spoonhead tried the steps, no avail. I really appreciate you taking the time to write up the response.

I think it is a weird GPU issue. I'm using an rtx 3080 and tried all the different drivers.. no luck.

Yesterday it was working normally. I can work around the issue as it's still distinct from an unchecked box.

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey

• Hi @SteyJ

There was indeed an issue on Friday for a few hours where checkboxes were not displaying correctly - the data is still there, but the display was not functioning as expected. This was reported to Support and should now be resolved!

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now