Copy Start and End Dates (& Predecessors) from another sheet

Berto_DA
Berto_DA ✭✭
edited 06/28/24 in Formulas and Functions

Can this be done?

I have a project plan, and I want to pull over Start and End dates from another project plan. Predecessors, too. I tried typing a formula in the Start Date cell to link to the corresponding State Date in the other plan, but it doesn't seem possible.

Does anyone have any creative ideas on how to pull this off? Is it even possible?

Tags:

Best Answer

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Berto_DA

You will not be able to add formulas to those columns as they work with the project settings in your sheet.

How about creating an automation that copies your entire row from one sheet to the next, that way the entire row will copy over. This is a once off move though as it will not sync back to the original sheet.

IF you need this to be synced, you might have to create helper columns in the second project plan where you can add formulas and then manually update this sheet based on the information you have entered.

Hope this helps

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Dare to try

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.

Answers

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Berto_DA

You will not be able to add formulas to those columns as they work with the project settings in your sheet.

How about creating an automation that copies your entire row from one sheet to the next, that way the entire row will copy over. This is a once off move though as it will not sync back to the original sheet.

IF you need this to be synced, you might have to create helper columns in the second project plan where you can add formulas and then manually update this sheet based on the information you have entered.

Hope this helps

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Dare to try

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.

• Yes, the copying to rows would work. I tried it and it worked. Never did that before. Thank you for the help!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!