Create a quiz using Smartsheet

This discussion was created from comments split from: Building a quiz with Smartsheet.

Answers

• Adam Garcia-Villarreal
    edited 07/02/24

Hi @Sisey

Could you tell me how you go about creating a quiz using Smartsheet?

• NickStaffordPM
    NickStaffordPM ✭✭✭✭✭

So you would need to have two columns for every question

1. The question the user answers via a form
    2. A column that has an IF statement determinig if the correct answer was selected for Question 1. If so, input value of 1, if not, input value of 0

Have the questions answered in a form, so as they come in, the answers are translated into numbers you can add/divide. Then you will use sheet summaries to add all columns that have the 1 / 0 and you can divide by the total number of questions asked.

You would need to have a Sheet Summary Metric for every student you wanted to calculate a result for. You could then pull everything into a Sheet Summary Report and view the information there or in a Dashboard.

If your question is to long for the actual column title, create column titles like Question 1, Question 2, etc.. and use the Display text on the form to inlcude the longer question.

Let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

If you found this comment useful, please let me know by clicking one of the buttons below: Awesome, Insightful, Upvote, or Accepted Answer. Your feedback will assist others looking for the same information and also help me out.

Thanks!

Nick Stafford