How do I test Alerts without sending the actual notification to the recipient?

I have a production sheet (along with the automation rules) of which I made a copy (for testing) and put it in a new workspace so I can play/test the automation rules. What is the best way to test the alert automation rules if I still want to keep the original recipients (defined in the automated rule) but not sending them the actual email. I don't want to go back to the automated rules and change the recipients so that I can test.

Thanks in advance

Answers

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @tushard,

Unfortunately you can't have it both ways. You either test with or without the recipients to confirm functionality.

You can't have it configured with the recipients, and perform testing that doesn't send it to them.

BRgds,

-Ray

• DKazatsky2
    DKazatsky2 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @tushard,

You can do this by using the "Run Workflow Now" option instead of letting the automation run on it's schedule. You can hit the checkbox to set yourself as the recipient instead of anyone else.

Hope this helps,

Dave

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I love the feature of sending to myself instead. The only issue I've had with it is that once I've sent it to myself, and then allow the rules to run and execute automation on their own; the rows I tested against are not sent to the intended recipients as they've already been sent to me. There are still plenty of use cases for this feature though, including testing (especially when performing against a single line (typically a test line).