Move Rows Automation Suddenly Failing - Multiple Sheets

Options
roconnellTFS
edited 07/04/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi. I manage 3 very similar smartsheet tools for 3 different office's training request intake and approval systems.

Once requests are approved, an automation has successfully been moving them to each site's Request Archive Sheet. This has worked as expected since March.

For some reason today this feature has suddenly and inexplicably failed on all 3 sheets. I have checked the automations on every sheet which still appear to be correct, and none of the archive sheets are anywhere near capacity.

When I attempt to move the rows manually, I get this error

I have seen elsewhere that switching to a "Copy Row" automation can resolve this issue, but there are two major problems with that suggestion:

1. For data integrity reasons, I do not want to Copy rows because I understand that does not bring along the cell history which is our only way to show the data has not been manipulated by the training team
  2. There is no automation to delete the row that is left behind in the active intake sheet so that would all have to be done manually.

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @roconnellTFS,

Have you tried duplicating your automations? You may have ran into a bug and "resetting" them might help.

If not, has anything changed in the Sheet that may be interfering with the move row automation? Is their capacity left on your destination Sheet?

Regarding the two limitations you stated:

For data integrity reasons, I do not want to Copy rows because I understand that does not bring along the cell history which is our only way to show the data has not been manipulated by the training team

The activity log in your Source Sheet will still have this information available (though admittedly it can be much more tedious to look through versus cell history).

There is no automation to delete the row that is left behind in the active intake sheet so that would all have to be done manually.

This can be done with the API.

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.

👨🏼💻 Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting | Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner

PS - If you have a follow up response use @Dan Palenchar so I get notified of your reply!

I make YouTube videos answering community questions: see if yours is on the list here!