Collect a date when row is taken off hold

Hello,

I'm looking for a method through automations to collect a date when the status changes from On Hold to anything else. I tried the screenshot below but I'm not getting the intended result. I have another automation collecting a date when the row gets put on hold as well.

Any suggestions are appreacited!

Tags:

Best Answer

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/03/24 Answer ✓

Hey @Dakota Haeffner_N,

Maybe try creating a helper checkbox column that gets checked when the status is changed to "On Hold" by using =IF(Status@row = "On Hold", 1, 0), then in the automation workflow, change the Trigger block to "When helper checkbox column changes to "Unchecked" record the date.

Something like that might work, otherwise there's no way for the system to recognize when the Status is being changed from On Hold to something else

EDIT: I just tried this and it seems to work as intended (although it does take either a refresh of the sheet or exiting/reentering the sheet to record the date)

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/03/24 Answer ✓

Hey @Dakota Haeffner_N,

Maybe try creating a helper checkbox column that gets checked when the status is changed to "On Hold" by using =IF(Status@row = "On Hold", 1, 0), then in the automation workflow, change the Trigger block to "When helper checkbox column changes to "Unchecked" record the date.

Something like that might work, otherwise there's no way for the system to recognize when the Status is being changed from On Hold to something else

EDIT: I just tried this and it seems to work as intended (although it does take either a refresh of the sheet or exiting/reentering the sheet to record the date)

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!