Automation Triggering When It Shouldn't Be?

I have a

sheet set up with various automations. One automation ("New Cross") is set up to trigger when rows are added. The rows are added via a form submission, and the automation notifies contacts in a cell. This one is working properly. However, I have a separate automation ("Cross Adjustment") set up to trigger when any information within that row is changed, so it will notify those same contacts in the cell. Unfortunately, this automation is also triggering when rows are added, but I can't figure out why. It seems to be inconsistent, and I have the exact same automation set up on other sheets and they work without this issue. Screenshots of each automation are attached. Any ideas?

Best Answer

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Laura McDonald Not the best solution ever, and if someone else has an improved suggestion, I would also be interested. I have found that when this has happened to be in the past, deleting the notification and readding it has resolved the issue.

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.

Answers

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Laura McDonald Not the best solution ever, and if someone else has an improved suggestion, I would also be interested. I have found that when this has happened to be in the past, deleting the notification and readding it has resolved the issue.

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.