Is there a way to grab attachments from a new line in smartsheet and merge it with the print file

Hi,

I have been trying to work on a system that will automatically take attachments from a new line in smartsheet and be able to merge it into 1 pdf file with the print pdf of the smartsheet line. I have tried using power automate to computerize this process, but there is no option for me to grab attachments. I have researched other ways but I am not too familiar with programming an API for this process. Is there any ways currently that would be a viable option for me to automate this process?

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

You can use API tools to work with attachments in Smartsheet. I use Bridge by Smartsheet, but unfortunately it's not easy to use that with attachments. There's API endpoints to get attachments from a row, which gives you a short-term link to use to download the actual file. You need a tool that's capable of downloading that file, then packaging it/manipulating it how you want, and pushing it back. And Bridge can't really do that…at least not that I've seen.

Seems like you might have better luck with Power Automate or one of the SDKs, but that's beyond my skills sorry.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• I have tried Power Automate, but there is an issue because I can't seem to grab the attachment from each row. If anyone knows of a way please do let me know. My plan was to grab it and use adobe to pdf merge it automatically.