Approval flow (from form intake) to send out a specific Outlook calendar invite

My management wants to do this:

1. Requestor fills out a form to ask for time at one of our next team meetings
  2. My manager reviews intake & either approves or declines
  3. IF approved, my manager wants the Outlook calendar invite of the specific meeting/date he chose, to go from his Outlook calendar & out to the requestor so they can accept it & have it on their calendar

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thank you

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @Vera,

1. Make a Sheet with the columns you need in the form. Then build a form associated with that Sheet and include those fields.
    2. Make an Approval Workflow automation that goes to your manager with options to approve/ decline
    3. Your manager can publish the Smartsheet calendar and add it to their Outlook calendar using the option shown in the screenshot below. You will need to separate the approved options so that the calendar only has those items. You can do this with a formula in a date column or by separating the approved times in their own Sheet via a move row automation paired to your approval workflow for approved items.

The video at the bottom shows how to do this with Google calendar (sorry, I haven't made an outlook one!)

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• Vera
    Vera ✭✭✭

Thank you, this is helpful. The part I still don't know about is automatically forwarding the outlook invite to the meeting requestor once the Smartsheet automation notifies them they've been approved for X date.