Export Attachments in bulk

jgneely72151
jgneely72151 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 07/15/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello!

I currently track contracts in Smartsheet and I need to export the information including attachments to a new system.

Is there a way to export to OneDrive? If so, I have 2,000+ but noticed the contracts are not always named by the site so wondering if a folder could be created with the legal name of the site which is a field on my Smartsheet and dump the contents there?

Never figured this would be something I'd need to do but it is.

Is there some 3rd party app to assist?

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/16/24

Hi @jgneely72151

You may want to use Smartsheet Account Backup Utility to download the attachments to your local desktop and move them to OneDrive.

• The backup utility will create a new folder with a timestamp in the user defined back up directory. This folder is used as the base folder for the backup process.
    • For each active user in the account, the backup utility first creates a local directory that matches the user's email address, and then retrieves and backs up all the sheets owned by that user.
    • Within each user's directory, the sheets are organized hierarchically (by folders and workspaces) to match the user's Home tab hierarchy in Smartsheet.
    • Each sheet is saved as an XLS file that matches the Sheet's name, with discussions saved on a second tab inside the XLS file. All file attachments are saved in a directory named "[Sheet Name] - attachments".

Backupped attachment image