How to auto fill up a smartsheet based on barcode

Hi,

I am looking to use the Barcode option n smarhseet to follow the reception of our store, I have a smartsheet "A" that have all the information regarding the delivry compagnies that we work with. I would like by scanning their card to get the barcode on the inventory barcode management sheet "B", and fill up the inforamtion of these compagnies in sheet "A" frm sheet "B" by using index(collect function but its showing all time #UNPARSEABLE. Could you please help in how we can fill up automatically the information on sheet "A" based on barcode.

Best regards

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Otman
    Otman ✭✭

Hi, Thank you for your quick answer Andrée, i found the problem that was caused by the apostrophe when we scann barcode as text, i used value fonction and it works.

However, I made a form comprising three culumns that are to scan barcode of compagny, state, and product, I am using a scan gun connected to my laptop and i would like to have a kind of auto fill or after doing a first scan, automatically we switch to second culumn without using a mousse and then after second scan of the state, can go automaticaly to the third culumn for the product barcode scan. That will allow as a quick registration of the used products. Thank you in advance for your help.