Creating QR Code in Smartsheet to Automatically Send Emails to Multiple Recipients

Romain RAGUENES
edited 07/17/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi community,

I'm looking for guidance on how to create a QR code in Smartsheet that triggers automatic emails to multiple recipients. Specifically, I want the QR code to initiate an email notification to several designated email addresses whenever it is scanned.
I have managed to do this on other sites. Do you know if this is possible on smartsheet?
Thank you in advance!

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Romain RAGUENES

The QR Code below has URL information for a form. When you scan the code, it will open a form like the second image. (To create a QR Code, google 'QR code' and then use a QR Code generation service.)

When you fill in the form (the required field is the Send checkbox, and Message has a default value, so you need to check the Send checkbox at minimum), the newly added row will trigger an alert to someone automation, as shown in the bottom image.

The other workflows are to hide the Created By email data, but if you just want to send some message when "Send" is checked in the form, you can remove those workflows and set the form not to log in to Smartsheet.

The form

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/ae34b5fb7ac1406ea298ce91b4011a12

Received email

The update request (to move the row) comes faster, and the alert someone message comes significantly later. So, you may want to use update request automation.

Workflow Automation

Send Emails

Hide Created By