Trying to create Chart widget based on report - but report not showing up as data source option

Hi there!
I'm working on a dashboard on which I want to add a chart that displays a bar graph representing the data in a report (report is titled "Tasks in Next 8 Working Days, by Staff"). When I select the widget to create the report, I can select other reports in the workspace, but not this one.

I'm baffled because I literally just made this chart for another project, based off of an identically created report (at least, I think it's identical!). The report I cannot turn into a chart at the moment includes:

• 1 sheet: the correct sheet is selected as the data source
  • 1 column: aside from the default list of tasks, or "primary" column, there is a drop-down column of staff names ("Lead")
  • 3 filters: just as I did on the working chart, I am including only those tasks that are not treated as header rows, whose status is not blank, and whose urgency [this is how I drill down to the "next 8 working days"] is not blank.
  • 1 group: "Lead," sorted ascending
  • 1 summary: "Lead," summarized via "count"
  • 1 sort: "Primary," sorted ascending

This is exactly the same setup as the other project's report that can be used to produce a chart. So I'm a bit flummoxed. Any ideas what I might be missing/doing wrong?

Thanks! :)
Jen

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Did you check the report location to ensure you are looking in the right place for it? Have you refreshed the browser that the dashboard is open in? I have had it happen numerous times where I will be building a dashboard, realize I need a new report for a widget, create the report in another tab real quick then can't find the new report in the dashboard tab only to remember… I need to save my dashboard and refresh the tab for it to register the new report has been built.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Did you check the report location to ensure you are looking in the right place for it? Have you refreshed the browser that the dashboard is open in? I have had it happen numerous times where I will be building a dashboard, realize I need a new report for a widget, create the report in another tab real quick then can't find the new report in the dashboard tab only to remember… I need to save my dashboard and refresh the tab for it to register the new report has been built.

• Oh my goodness, @Paul Newcome! You were exactly right. I left the project in frustration for the weekend right after sending my message, changed nothing, and yet when I logged back in on Monday… there was the report in the dashboard widget setup menu, sitting and waiting to be selected. If it weren't for your message, I would have thought I was losing my marbles. Had no idea there is sometimes a lag - it was so instantaneous the other times I had tried.

Next time something like this happens, I'm gonna refresh my browser, get a snack and a glass of water (and a deep breath), refresh my browser yet again, and try one more time. 😂 Thank you!!! :)