Formula Question

This is my current formula that is producing error - Unparseable, I can't seem to figure out what the issue is.

=OR(IF(INDEX({Min_Skill_LTT}, MATCH([Job TItle]@row, {Minimum Skill Requirement Range 1}, 0)) = ([LTT Matrix Use]@row - 1,{Min_Skill_LTT}),"True", "False"),(IF(INDEX(MATCH([Job TItle]@row, {Minimum Skill Requirement Range 1}, 0)) = ([LTT Matrix Use]@row),"Step Down", "False")))

The objective is for the formula to Match Job Title and current skill to the Job title and Minimum skill required, look and see if it is exactly what it is supposed to be, if it is true - then true, false then false, if it is not exact I want it to verify if the numbers are only off by one and if yes return Step Down, if not then false. Any help that can be provided would be great!

Best Answer

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ashly.summers

The placement of your OR statement is part of the issue. Or and And statements can only be used inside of another function. Instead try a Nested IF statement for what your trying to achieve

=IF(INDEX({Min_Skill_LTT}, MATCH([Job TItle]@row, {Minimum Skill Requirement Range 1}, 0)) = [LTT Matrix Use]@row, "True", IF(INDEX({Min_Skill_LTT}, MATCH([Job TItle]@row, {Minimum Skill Requirement Range 1}, 0)) = ([LTT Matrix Use]@row -1), "Step Down", "False"))

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

Answers

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@ashly.summers

The placement of your OR statement is part of the issue. Or and And statements can only be used inside of another function. Instead try a Nested IF statement for what your trying to achieve

=IF(INDEX({Min_Skill_LTT}, MATCH([Job TItle]@row, {Minimum Skill Requirement Range 1}, 0)) = [LTT Matrix Use]@row, "True", IF(INDEX({Min_Skill_LTT}, MATCH([Job TItle]@row, {Minimum Skill Requirement Range 1}, 0)) = ([LTT Matrix Use]@row -1), "Step Down", "False"))

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• Thank you so much that worked! It was driving me crazy :)

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!