Tracking product lifecycle

What is the best way (if there even is a way) to track the lifecycle of products that we are producing. The current product lifecycle is:

1. Creation
  2. Forming
  3. Cutting
  4. Quality
  5. Shipping
  6. Close

I currently place a status for each part when a PO comes in. When the status is "Forming" it gets put into the Forming Schedule. I would like to:

1. Update that status from the chart so that it sends it to the CNC Schedule, but also updates it on the Open Orders Log, and so on.
  2. Have dependencies or something so when a part is added to a schedule, it goes to the end of the line, with whatever duration I have set for that part.

Is this even possible?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

Seems possible!

Can you share some screenshots? (Please delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing.) That would make it easier to help.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my comment(s) help/answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community and me by marking it - Insightful 💡- Vote Up ⬆️ - Aweseome ❤️ - or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer! I appreciate it, thanks!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Heald33
    Heald33 ✭✭

I want to modify my initial question.

I have an Open Orders Log that will act as the "Master" and also, Step 1. I know how to copy or move cells from this sheet to another sheet, based on the Status.

What I want to be able to do is:

1. Have the status update in the Master so that I know what step that row is on.
    2. Automatically have the start date start after the end date of the last entry, and the end date be entered based on a predetermined duration.