Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Chart Labels: drag labels overlap & stacked column labels

2»

Comments

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Excited to have enhanced functionality here. I've got a chart that cuts off the numbers and it continues to do the same if I make the widget full width or add the legend on the right. Can't tell the whole story with this.

Any update on timing?

• Can you add to the functionality the ability to select the placement of where the numbers for each stack appear? Right now, they only appear above, and it is confusing

• Yes, please support moving the value inside the bar on the chart. For a "Stacked Column" chart, the label is confusing in it's location "on top". I have to turn off the label or people get confused, and when needed I end up rebuilding it in Excel instead.

• This issue still is at large :( we cannot present our graphs to our clients because of how awful they look! I'm really disappointed with Smartsheet's dashboard capabilities and have started using Power BI for their great interfaces. How Smartsheet gets away with not fixing these awful looking graphs that have no clear labeling and blatantly overlap each other is beyond me.

• See the attached screenshot.

The label value displayed in a stacked bar chart is misleading as it is displayed outside each bar. But on the visual, it feels as if the value on each stack is the right value, but it is the one outside each stack is the right value. Can the value be inside each stack for their corresponding stack?

• It might be cleaner to omit the 0's and put the number inside the pertaining colored bar graph instead of outside of it. The numbers are getting mashed together and are unreadable.

• Shashank
    Shashank ✭✭
    edited 08/30/24

Dear Team, first I would like to appreciate the team who build the highly user-friendly product, secondly, I would like to acknowledge the team who give the opportunity to submit ideas and feedback.

I would like to submit a suggestion on the Staked bar graph, the numbers appearing are confusing as it appears on top of next bar. please think some other way to display it. ref print screen for details.