Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Chart Labels: drag labels overlap & stacked column labels

Options
IPC
IPC âś­âś­âś­

The chart labels overlap and font sizes cannot be adjusted.

Workarounds are applied such as expanding the chart horizontally or vertically depending on the chart type, or another suggestion was to "Fill Line option for the "Actual" to show the difference between the two." these are work-arounds not the real solutions.

I hope you can enhance this to be able to present clear reports.

thanks,

Irene

78 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

Enhancing Dashboards is one of our top priorities, and our Dashboards roadmap is focused on making dashboards more visually rich, aesthetically pleasing, and professional. This includes several enhancements to charts, starting with color, font, and placement settings. Stay tuned for updates!

Comments

• IPC
    IPC âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P. There's a number of common concerns & votes on this issue already? what is the criteria or count of votes before smartsheet takes action on a request?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @IPC,

The Product team reviews the top posts once a month to provide a Status (like on this Idea). 12 votes isn't enough to make this a "top-voted" Idea to receive a public status update here in the forum just yet.

That said, they still intake all of this feedback and information along with other feedback channels when deciding on new features and enhancements. Please continue to vote on Ideas that are important to you, and feel free to share this thread to other Smartsheet users to get their votes and feedback!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• noviceuser
    noviceuser âś­âś­
    Options

hello @Genevieve P. how many votes are needed? I am having the same issues, the way the data appears makes it difficult to read/understand, thanks.

• Ilse Ickx
    Ilse Ickx âś­âś­
    Options

We have the same issue. Will vote here and request my colleagues to vote here too.

• Gauss Tao
    Gauss Tao âś­âś­
    Options

I have the same issue. The overlapping issue cause the confusing of the high level manager who access the dashboard. This feature is a big issue. Please fix it ASAP.

• Susan L.
    Susan L. âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

commenting to add that this is a huge frustration for my team as well. Do we just upvote to indicate the need?

• Sheetuser1
    Sheetuser1 âś­âś­âś­
    Options

We are having the same issue that the labels don't align to the correct section on the chart. My wish is the same as everyone above. I hope this is included in upcoming release / update.

• Mina Fard
    Mina Fard âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Currently, the bar chart on the dashboard is not showing the count in full. There is no scroll bar to scroll right, or there is no more room to make the graph larger!

• Michelle McN
    Michelle McN âś­âś­
    Options

I'd also like to be able to edit where a data label is placed. I'd also like to be able to format the label. A black label in a dark colour series is not going to be easy to read. Being able to bold them as well would be good. And a wish list - being able to forma them individually to highlight key numbers would also be good.