QR Code for Smartsheet Form Redirecting to Smartsheet Instead of Form on iPhone

This discussion was created from comments split from: QR Code and Forms.

Answers

• Cathy Betzer
    Cathy Betzer ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

This thread was some time ago but I hope you all can help. I'm trying to use a QR Code for a form using one of the QR generators mentioned above. When I scan the code with my Iphone it goes to Smartsheet instead of the form itself. My form is set to anyone with the link - they should not have to have a Smartsheet account. Your help is appreciated.

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Cathy Betzer

I tested the QR code with both an Iphone and Android and the form opens for me every time. Can you share a screenshot of the issue? What browser are you using to open the form after scanning?

Itai Perez

Reporting and Project Manager

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez/

• Cathy Betzer
    Cathy Betzer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/29/24

Hello @Itai,

It opens to the EXPLORE HOW SMARTSHEET CAN HELP - AND SAY'S Try Smartsheet for Free - or I already have an account - Screenshot below. Basically requiring me to sign in to Smartsheet.

10:12 a.m. 7/29 - I'm editing this note - when I use a QR reader (not iphone camera) the form opens perfectly. Since getting my iphone 13 last summer I have been able to use the camera function but for some reason this may be my problem. Any thoughts?

• lisa g
    lisa g ✭✭

@Cathy Betzer

Hi Cathy, I'm struggling with this right now…. The QR Reader took me right to Smartsheet and that same screen you provided above.

• Cathy Betzer
    Cathy Betzer ✭✭✭✭✭

it is a bit of a quandary. As a work around I ended up using the URL address to my form and placing it on my Smartphone — it looks like an APP but it isn't - it just allows me to open the form directly in Safari - or whatever browser one uses.