Automation - Moving rows and changing cells

I am creating a sheet (Hire Sheet) that will list our field employees along with their hire info. On this sheet, I have a column named Term Date. Once a term date has been entered, I'd like the row to be moved to another sheet (Term Sheet). I have that sheet created to have the same column names as the Hire Sheet and also a Workflow to move the row. On the Term Sheet, I have a column named Rehire Date. My issue is with creating a Workflow on the Term Sheet. I'd like to make it where if a rehire date is added, it will clear the term date, change the Hire Date to the Rehire Date and then move the row back to the Hire Sheet.

Tags:

Answers

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a few automations in sequence. One to move it, another to clear the date/cell, another to record a date, and another to move it back. You can't move a date from one cell to another so the only way to add the new date is if that happened on todays date so when you did the action it would record todays date as the rehire date. You could put a formula in the 2nd sheet's rehire date column that equaled the rehire date IF a criteria was met… then the move row would just move the value back and not the formula.

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com