Using COUNTIFS referencing to another smartsheet

regina.quality
edited 08/01/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello, can I please request for some tips/advise on the Computation Sheet that Im working on.

So this Computation Sheet is just a summary of data that I have extracted from my main sheet (titled MMR Quality Report). So the target is to extract the total number of External and Internal for the month of July. Can someone kindly advise the COUNTIFS formula I can use on my Computation Sheet? Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@regina.quality

=COUNTIFS({QualityAlert}, NOT(ISBLANK(@cell )),{DateOpened}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell ), 0) = 7)@cell

Both {} are cross sheet refs that you'll need to make to those columns. This will count any row that is not blank (internal, external or any other value). If you want it to be only those two words, in case someone types something besides that we'd need to modify it some. The easy would be:

=COUNTIFS({QualityAlert}, "Internal",{DateOpened}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell ), 0) = 7)@cell +COUNTIFS({QualityAlert}, "External",{DateOpened}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell ), 0) = 7)@cell

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com

Answers

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@regina.quality

=COUNTIFS({QualityAlert}, NOT(ISBLANK(@cell )),{DateOpened}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell ), 0) = 7)@cell

Both {} are cross sheet refs that you'll need to make to those columns. This will count any row that is not blank (internal, external or any other value). If you want it to be only those two words, in case someone types something besides that we'd need to modify it some. The easy would be:

=COUNTIFS({QualityAlert}, "Internal",{DateOpened}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell ), 0) = 7)@cell +COUNTIFS({QualityAlert}, "External",{DateOpened}, IFERROR(MONTH(@cell ), 0) = 7)@cell

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com

• @Matt Lynn-PCG

That definitely worked!!

Thank you so much!