How do users of a source sheet access the Calendar I've created?

gjohnson.pcpro
gjohnson.pcpro ✭✭✭
edited 08/01/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello!

I've created a calendar in the calendar app based on a single source sheet. When I go into the sharing settings of that calendar it gives me this message:

Users with access to the source sheet or report already have access to this calendar.

However, other users (with admin permissions on the source sheet) do not see the calendar I've created when they click on the calendar app. They have 0 calendars in their calendar list. If they try to search for the name of my calendar, nothing comes up. They are able to create a new calendar based on the source sheet, but it will not have any of the settings and parameters I've already defined.

So that brings me to my question…how do users of a source sheet open the calendar I've created?

Answers

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@gjohnson.pcpro

There's a few ways.

1.) Go to the launcher menu (Lower left corner, looks like a waffle) and click the calendar app, if it's there. See image below. IF the option isn't there they may have to navigate to it manually (one time) at https://calendar.smartsheet.com/

Once you login the first time it should show up in the menu after that.

IF they still can't get in or login, be sure in the user settings for that user they have been granted the proper access to calendar, although this should just be for editing/admin/building calendar views, not looking at them.

2.) You can simply copy the URL from the browser while you're looking at that calendar and send them the URL, or put that in a dashboard web widget.

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com

• gjohnson.pcpro
    gjohnson.pcpro ✭✭✭
    edited 08/01/24

I appreciate your assistance, Matt! Unfortunately, even after logging in, they were unable to see the calendar in their calendar list. I went through the process of sharing it with each of them individually in the settings by adding their e-mail addresses to the list and now it shows up on their end.

I think the line in settings that states, "Users with access to the source sheet or report already have access to this calendar" is quite misleading, at least in my experience. Now that I've manually added each of them to the share list, it's working as intended.