When will timeline view be available on dashboards? Struggling with dashboard

Hello,

I am struggling with representing our project timeline on our team dashboard in a summarized, visual way. If I include a report with a Gantt chart on the dashboard, the Gantt chart task labels appear very small, and overall it is not visually impactful. I noticed Smartsheet recently came out with a Timeline view, which looks much better visually. When will this be available to add to dashboards? I need to know if this feature is coming soon or it is years away. If it is far off in the future, I may have to come up with an alternative way to display our timeline on the dashboard, e.g. perhaps using the Premium calendar option and displaying the next 2 weeks on the dashboard. However, I would much prefer to include the Timeline view.

Thank you

Answers

• Hi @jnice

There is no set date for when this feature will be available, however I do know that adding the Timeline View to a Dashboard is something our Product team is working on.

I would suggest looking into alternate options for now, and then if you vote on this Product Idea you'll be notified when the Status changes: Timeline view in Dashboard

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Stacy M
    Stacy M ✭✭

Concur on this need. We also have the Calendar app and neither the Calendar app or sheet timeline are embeddable into a dashboard. It was the first question from our stakeholders and project managers, so hopefully they'll release something soon!

Thanks for the link to the vote!

• Hi Stacy,

You can add the premium calendar app view to dashboards via embedding a URL on a dashboard. I did this at my last company. I found the calendar premium app a bit more extra work to set up and maintain. Best of luck. I hope they add the new Timeline view to dashboards soon.

Jackie