Control Center-Summary not Linking to Date Col in Metadata

Hey all, relatively new to control center here. As part of my Blueprint I have a summary sheet that pulls data from the Metadata sheet. Some of the columns are Date format columns in summary and are also shown as Date columns in Metadata. When I provision a project CC keeps trying to pull data from the Text column instead of the Date column and I have no idea how to fix it. SS help desk wants me to do a video and all sorts of other hoops so I'm hoping I can get a faster answer here. Let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

Answers

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @ShawnP_WT

You can use =Date@row + "" in the Text column.

Example

• So that works as a band-aid but I'd like to know what the root cause is so I can avoid this situation in the future and fix the real problem right now. I appreciate the response though. This is good information and will help me get things rolling downstream for now.

• Meg Y
    Meg Y ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnP_WT using the same band-aid for date and symbol columns. Agree, it would be better to have a permanent solution.

Meg Young
    mmyoungconsulting@gmail.com

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!