Changing my community profile email

Hi,

Am I able to keep this community profile separate from my Smartsheet login which I use at my current job? Ideally I'd like to keep this community profile wherever I may go career wise but keep it separate from logging into Smartsheet since I still use it.

Is it as simple as changing the email address here to my own? Can I confirm it will not affect my other login to use Smartsheet?

Thanks.

Answers

• Zachary Ziegler
    Zachary Ziegler ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be under your Account & Privacy settings, and it is as simple as changing the email address to your own! Your community login is totally separate from your regular SmartSheet login, but if you use the same email for the two it is easier to confirm that you qualify for certain badges.

• smiles
    smiles ✭✭✭✭

Ok, because currently it logins in with the same details either way. So I would have to change the password as well?

• Hi @smiles

Community accounts are associated with your Smartsheet App account. This means if you update your email in-app, then it will update in the forum.

However if you update your email in the forum but you're still signed in to the Smartsheet App with the other email, then connect to Community, it will keep that Smartsheet account associated with this profile.

If you want to update your email, you'll just need to ensure you don't log in again with the original email/account as it will revert your profile to its previous state.

I would probably recommend creating a new account with your personal email/account that you can use regardless of company, but keep your company account if you want to post company-specific content.

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• smiles
    smiles ✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/03/24

@Genevieve P.

OK I will change this email address to a different one while I am not logged in to the SS App/SS Browser and that should separate them.

Thanks.