Issue with Update Request Automation

Amanda Jeske
Amanda Jeske ✭✭✭✭
edited 08/19/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a task list for myself where I have an update request automation set to run based on due date. I have had this sheet for a couple of years with no real issues. I only receive notifications within SmartSheet and don't have them emailed to me. Beginning last week, anytime I open the notification for this particular automation my SmartSheet freezes up and shuts down not allowing me to work through the update request.

Has anyone else been having this issue? This is how I manage my daily tasks so it is making things harder than it should be.

Tags:

Answers

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That is an interesting one for sure. I know SS is rolling out some little updates/changes here and there as we get closer to Engage. I wonder if some of the updates impacted the code of the older automation you setup. May be a silly idea but I wonder if you deactivate that automation and create a new one (not a copy) just like it if it would work cleaner possibly utilizing some new code/update they put in there. Just a thought. I know… sorta like the great IT advice of "did you restart? :) )

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com

• Amanda Jeske
    Amanda Jeske ✭✭✭✭

I think it might of just been being glitchy with updates. I haven't had the issue in the last week or so. Rebuilding was going to be my next step as well. "Restarting" it is always a solid option on all IT levels :)