Generating new document once saved in another folder

How do I generate a new document once I have already removed (saved) it in another folder, as there were a couple of mistakes and now the client needs a new generated sheet with corrections. I think it's asking me to make to do a whole new document mapping? Is there anyway to use the original mapping form that I used in the first place? Sorry if this doesn't make much sense I am still learning.

Answers

• Hi @Fiona K

You can generate another document from the same row, using the same mapping, no problem! 🙂

• In the same sheet where you created the first document, go to the row with the updated information.
    • Click on the three dots next to the row number for the drop-down menu
    • Select "Generate Document"
    • This should bring you to a page where you can see all the mappings for that sheet. You can then re-select the same document to "Generate".

However if I misunderstood and you mean the the row moved over to a new sheet, but that sheet has no mapping on it yet, then yes: you'll need to create a new mapping on the new sheet in order to generate the document.

Another option in this instance is to copy the row back to the original sheet so you can use the mapping on that sheet.

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now