Add a summary table in calculation sheet to dashboard

Hi team,

I have a simple summary table in my calculation sheet. The table is calculation from another data sheet so data will be updated. I want to add it to my dashboard. How can I do so? I only see add chart, link, no table.

Answers

• NickStaffordPM
    NickStaffordPM ✭✭✭✭✭

You will need to replicate your sheet in a a report to make it visible on the dashboard. Once a report is made, you can visualize it on the dashboard by adding a widget and selecting Report.

If you found this comment useful, please let me know by clicking one of the buttons below: Awesome, Insightful, Upvote, or Accepted Answer. Your feedback will assist others looking for the same information and also help me out.

Thanks!

Nick Stafford

• It's too complicated for a table 3 x 3. In Tableau, we can change how we present data, by a table, column chart or pie, etc. I guess Smartsheet doesn't have that function. Thanks for your answer.

• Adrian Mandile CHESS
    Adrian Mandile CHESS ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @VickyN,

Try these steps:

1. Add a (dropdown) column to the left of your 3x3 table in the calculation sheet called 'Report Type' or something similar.
    2. Populate this column in the 3 rows that you want to see in the dashboard, with "Dashboard Table" or something else to distinguish it as the only 3 rows you want in a report.
    3. Create a new report, with the calculation sheet as a source and filter it for the 'Report Type' column to be one of or contain "Dashboard Table"
    4. Add the new report as a widget on your dashboard

If you need to have multiple 'mini' table reports based on your calculation sheet displayed in your dashboard, simply add extra options in the 'Report Type' column and filter for those values only.

Adrian Mandile
    CHESS Consulting Australia - Smartsheet Solution Provider Gold Partner
    Collaborative | Holistic | Effective | Systems | Solutions

• Thanks for your instruction. Much appreciated. Is there any way to add a table to dashboard without create a new report?