If, then Formulas

Hi there! I am trying to create a formula for the following scenario and i've been unable to figure it out

If Status Column is "Complete", Mark as Green, IF Status of Column is NOT Complete, then apply the formula

=IF([End Date]@row < TODAY(5), "Red", IF([End Date]@row = TODAY(5), "Yellow", IF(AND([End Date]@row > TODAY(5), [End Date]@row < TODAY(30)), "Blue", IF([End Date]@row >= TODAY(30), "Green"))))

I cant figure out how to add the first part to the already working last part

Thank you!

Tags:

Best Answer

• Adam Murphy
    Adam Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Megan! Do you mean you want to use your formula only if status is not complete?

Like this: =IF(Status@row = "Complete", "Green", IF([End Date]@row < TODAY(5), "Red", IF([End Date]@row = TODAY(5), "Yellow", IF(AND([End Date]@row > TODAY(5), [End Date]@row < TODAY(30)), "Blue", IF([End Date]@row >= TODAY(30), "Green")))))

Is that what you mean?

Answers

• Adam Murphy
    Adam Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi Megan! Do you mean you want to use your formula only if status is not complete?

Like this: =IF(Status@row = "Complete", "Green", IF([End Date]@row < TODAY(5), "Red", IF([End Date]@row = TODAY(5), "Yellow", IF(AND([End Date]@row > TODAY(5), [End Date]@row < TODAY(30)), "Blue", IF([End Date]@row >= TODAY(30), "Green")))))

Is that what you mean?

• Adam Murphy - YES this worked thank you so much!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!