How do companies manage and document data flows in Smartsheet to ensure data integrity?

I’m new to Smartsheet and data meshing, and I’ve noticed that the original source data isn't always used consistently. For instance, someone might create a data mesh from a source to build their own sheet (Sheet B). Then, another person creates a data mesh from Sheet B, and this process continues.

How do companies manage and document these data flows to ensure that, if something breaks, we can trace back and identify where the issue occurred? I’m concerned that having too many sheets linked in this way could lead to data integrity risks.

Answers

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sarah.rohr17 This is a shortcoming from the platform, thus is a manual documentation process. I've seen it done in sheet form but it's a lot of typing etc. Or doing a diagram like a lucid chart or other diagram visualization software is one of the better ways I think. Of course this is still manual and should be done by a system admin / architect type person that understands the full structure. At that level you'd prob also want some kind of change management process to review changes, approve/deny them and indicate if those changes have been updated in the diagram also.

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com