Forms data to one of many sheets

I am trying to create a form for new task intake. Is there a way to create a drop down of all possible sheets in my workspace to create a task line item in one of the many sheets, based on the sheet name selected in the form?

Tags:

Best Answer

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Monica Ladd

I believe you are trying to create a form to capture tasks but want the tasks to appear on different sheets based on the sheet selected by the user. The straightforward answer would be no, as your form is always linked to just one sheet. However, if you manually modify your dropdown values with all sheet names, as you add them and the user selects the value, using multiple move row workflows (which you will need to create), you can get automation to move the row to the designated target sheet.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

Answers

• Adam Murphy
    Adam Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Manually, yes. If you mean an automated updated dropdown list…not natively. There is an add-on called ddupdate which does this, or if you can script you can use the api to do this.

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Monica Ladd

I believe you are trying to create a form to capture tasks but want the tasks to appear on different sheets based on the sheet selected by the user. The straightforward answer would be no, as your form is always linked to just one sheet. However, if you manually modify your dropdown values with all sheet names, as you add them and the user selects the value, using multiple move row workflows (which you will need to create), you can get automation to move the row to the designated target sheet.

Thanks,

• Monica Ladd
    Monica Ladd ✭✭
    edited 08/20/24

Love this, thank you!!

• @AravindGP , I added the names of all the sheets do a drop down list in my form. When I create the workflow process, I do not see the destination sheets in "select a destination sheet" What am I missing?

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Monica Ladd

You will need to search by the name of the sheet for it to appear. This is the new interface to make it easier to get to where you want instead of going through a lot of sheets, folders, and workspaces. Since you're trying to move different rows to different sheets, your workflow should have a condition with Project being one of the name of the project then copy/move the row to the corresponding project sheet.

Thanks,