Having a form filled out in stages - ability for end user to return and pick up where left off

Celine Majerus
edited 08/19/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I will be needing to create a form that the end user can return to and update and add information to. For example they may need to return and enter in information that they have had to look-up or won't be available for a couple of months.

How do I create the form or link to the form so that it is personalized for them- so when they return to the form it is adding the info. to their line already created in the Smartsheet?

(I'm a newbie to Smartsheet so would appreciate relatively easy to implement solution(s))

Thank you!!

Tags:

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Celine Majerus

Forms in Smartsheet are for new data entry. Each form submission will create a new row in your sheet. If there is a specified time frame to get the user to add more information or update existing information, you can use the update request automation to send a form link via email containing existing information as well as adding more fields to capture new information. You can keep this going until a specified timeframe or until you've all the fields filled in. Point to note is that your workflow logic will drive the form being sent back to the user. The user will not have an option to pull up the form automatically. Each time the automation sends out the update request form link, it is valid for 90 days or till the user submits the form (whichever is earlier).

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com