Networkdays formula syntax error

PDunn
PDunn ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 08/21/24 in Formulas and Functions

I used the AI formula builder to create a formula to calculate the number weeks (weeks out) between a launch date and milestone dates. I want the weeks out to always be positive. When I try to convert the provided formula, which works in the cell I place it in, I get a syntax error. I can't figure out the error.

Tags:

Best Answer

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Your formula is referencing a specific row using [Date]72 - this means the value in the Date column on row 72.

You cannot reference a specific cell in a column formula. If you make this a cell formula, it should work.

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Your formula is referencing a specific row using [Date]72 - this means the value in the Date column on row 72.

You cannot reference a specific cell in a column formula. If you make this a cell formula, it should work.

• PDunn
    PDunn ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/22/24

Ok so I added another column Launch Date and copied the same date on each row. It now is allowing the formula to be converted to a column formula now that I am referencing the date@row. Thanks for the help.

=IFERROR(ABS(NETWORKDAYS([Launch Date]@row, [Milestone Date]@row) / 7), "")

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great news @PDunn

I know it is working now and you might not want to mess with it, but if the launch date is the same for every single row and you don't want to have that extra column, you could make launch date a field on the sheet summary and then reference that in your column formula. See https://help.smartsheet.com/learning-track/level-2-intermediate-users/sheet-summary if you are interested.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!