Help with chart spacing

This discussion was created from comments split from: Correcting chart spacing.

Answers

• I would also like a solution to this issue of the large gap between data from two different sheets in a chart of the Sheet Summary Report. They are all in the proper order within their sheets and in the Sheet Summary Report, but the gap between the two sheets' data is far too big. I understand having a small gap for a line to separate them, but this is too much. The only other option that might not leave them so small is having two charts next to each other, but I would prefer one.

• Hey @dshively

The gap in the chart is because the data is on a separate row.

I assume that you're using a Summary Report, and that you're looking at 2 sheets, is that correct? One way to bring all of the data on the same row would be to apply one level of Grouping and then SUM each of your columns with the Summary feature.

This would require one field in each of your sheets that has the same data so you can Group by this keyword… for example, a field with the word "Metrics" in it.

That way you have a column with the same text in it for your Report:

If you Group by any other column it won't be in one summary row, since the different sheets will have unique data. Now you can use this Report as the source for your Chart:

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now