Setting up a Monthly 'Check In' Safety Audit

I've tried this a few different ways and keep hitting a bit of a wall.

Has anyone created a Monthly Check In for Safety for multiple Sites of a business?

The idea would be every month someone at one of the sites can submit this 'audit' and we'd track that it has been done each month. The 'checks' at each site would be the same each month (let's say 10-14 questions to check on) and then the report/dashboard would need to show who has completed and who hasn't completed that Months (and previous months) check ins.

I've gotten close a couple of times with this but wanted to see if there's an easier way before I make lots of helper sheets.

THANKS!

Answers

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Christopher Tirro I do this type of thing frequently with what we call an weekly update or weekly log. There's a few ways of doing it, but given you want it scheduled I'd have a sheet with a date column and in that date column you list the monthly trigger dates you want it completed on. Then setup a automation to send an update request to the recipient. They'll get the form with those questions.

IF that doesn't work the way you want you could send an notification automation with a link to the sheet's form with the questions you want on it. That would give you the required or other form features that an update requests wouldn't'.

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com

• Almonto1
    Almonto1 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Christopher, I created something similar to this, except to track weekly employee sentiment. I did so by using the "Employee Pulse Check" template provided by Smartsheet as a baseline for development. Although it will require some adjustments for your use case, that template starts with an intake form that feeds into a master sheet and populates a dashboard and includes report summaries.

Those pre-built templates always prove to be incredibly useful for me when creating a new solution since it eliminates the guess work of formulas and automations!

• I like these ideas - but I think I need to clarify a bit more.

Sites need the ability to submit a 'check in' within the Month it is due. I want to report/show on a dashboard who has and who hasn't completed a 'check in' for say this current month; and then a summary of the 'check in's completed this year.

Being able to submit without an update request isn't necessary but feels like the right direction.

Sending an update request the last week of the month was my first thought around 'automation' for who still needs to enter a 'check in' for the month.

Thanks all.