Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

linking rows with attachements

Options
2»

Comments

• khammal67271
    Options

Any updates on cell linking attachments & comments? I am the purchasing manager for two separate companies, and manage a master sheet that links to the relevant data to each company's sheet. Having to re-upload comments & attachments makes this much more time consuming however. Is Smartsheet considering adding in this feature?

• I also have a workflow where I create a cell linked sheet that connects to the original data source sheet and it is crucial that attachments are visible on both sheets. I do the cell linked sheet only because specified cell locking is also yet a SmartSheet feature. Please help with accessing attachments wherever a row is located...the attachments should follow the row wherever it is seen.

• I have a similar workflow where certain users see certain parts of a sheet. The attachments need to follow the row to whichever sheet they're on.

• I agree. I now realize that I will have to do this daily on my cell-linked sheets :(

• Lynette.Smith
    Lynette.Smith ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Any update on this yet?  I use a form to gather information and then push that information along with an attachment out for approval.  The attachment is a manual process.  I would love to be able to automate that process.  

This discussion has been closed.