How to Get "Responsible Email"

Cholo
Cholo
edited 09/03/24 in Formulas and Functions

Hello @Everyone,

I'm new here in the community, hoping to get support from someone who have work on the same use case I have below.

Use Case:

I have 2 tables, 1st table (Stakeholder Database) with column names Name and Email. 2nd table, (Sender Tool), with column names Responsible Name and Responsible Email. I want to seek support only on how I can show/get the value I wanted to return when I input 2 names under Responsible Name. I tried JOIN, INDEX and MACTH formula option, when I input 2 names at Responsible Name, it will return NO MATCH result. But if 1 name only it will return correct value.

ACTION NEEDED:

1. When I input 2 names under (Responsible Name) it should return 2 email as well separated by semi colon.

SEE ATTACHED FILE AS REFERENCE.

Answers

• Heather_Verde
    Heather_Verde ✭✭✭✭✭

So currently there is no way to pull in multiple contacts using formulas without incorporating a second method because Smartsheet will not read the data from the formula as contacts. This thread here gives details on how to use Smartsheet add-ons (Datamesh, Bridge, Datashuttle). https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/123433/combine-emails-into-a-multiple-contact-column-multi-contact-column

If you don't have access to any of these, then you may look into using a API connection and trying something similar to the Bridge instructions with your tool of choice. I have not tried any except the Datamesh method, and that worked for me.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!