Tasklist Based on Form Responses

I am in the process of trying to create a study tracker capable of tracking multiple studies and associated tasks for my company. Ideally, a study director would complete a form indicating the type of study, number of batches and if there are any interim reporting requirements, then SmartSheet would use the responses to generate a tasklist with the correct tasks for the study. Is this possible?

Answers

• NicoLHC
    NicoLHC ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @greg9987 if think this should be possible with some workflows automation.

If you are send me a mail.

Kind regards

Meet me at Engage in Seattle !

Nico | LinkedIn

CEO | Lighthouse Consultings

🔴Certified Smartsheet Partner _______________________________________________

addvalue@lighthouseconsultings.com

💯 SCALEABLE Solutions Engineered by Lighthouse Consultings

We Don’t Just Implement Smartsheet; We Revolutionize How You Manage, Plan, And Execute.

🎥 YouTube 🚀TimeLine View

http://lighthouseconsultings.de/

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

Depending on the number of studies that you are trying to track, you could approach this in a more manual or a more automated way.

The manual approach would be to have a template or two with different tasks on it, then take a form submission from your director and copy the correct template. If you setup a template folder with some reports and dashboard , you can simply copy the entire folder.

Once you start getting past maybe 30 studies or so, though, manual is going to quickly become painful. At that point I'd recommend looking at Control Center. Control Center will automate the creation of those study assets and give you the ability to select amongst different templates for different needs. It also collects metrics in a summary sheet that you can then leverage for analysis of your metrics, and reporting. Finally, and crucially, it automates much of the administrative work of updating the studies that you've already created when you need to change a formula or add a column or adjust a report across tens or hundreds of study tracking sheets.

If you need the study tracking sheet to be deeply customized beyond just selecting from a suite of pre-done templates, then we're talking about advanced workflows using Bridge. I'm actually speaking on this topic at the upcoming Engage! Using Bridge, you can receive a request, take a study template and copy it, and customize it based on the request. That can be done standalone or as part of Control Center. The process is somewhat complex, so depending on your skill level and experience you may want to lean on someone like Nico (previous poster) or Smartsheet Pro Services for the Control Center and/or custom workflow piece.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN