Smartsheet not sending copies of submitted form to users

I really value the insight shared by this community, so here i am with a new problem. Smartsheet isnt sending copy of the submitted form to the submitters email. Has anyone ever experienced it?

Best Answer

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni
    Answer ✓

I don't think there's much of an answer here…not sure why you're not getting emails sometimes. It might be a delay issue or a problem somewhere between Smartsheet's mail service and your mail service.

You can open a Support ticket to see if they can troubleshoot, but chances are the answer will be "check your spam and, if not there, unclear".

You might also check to see if you have Safe Sharing enabled and if you have any Security restrictions on notifications. I don't see any specific notes that these controls affect the form submitter "copy of my response", but they might.

Sorry, I don't have other ideas.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Could it be getting flagged as spam? You could test it using an email address on a different domain and see if that arrives.

• Hi there-

Thank you for the suggestion. I attempted it using a different email address and the result is the same. I did not receive a copy of my submission. I am starting to wonder if its smartsheet issue. Any ideas on what to do next?

• Brian_Richardson

You're checking the box at the bottom and putting your email in? Smartsheet doesn't automatically send the form unless you check the box each time.

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• Yes we are. I don't think I can add an email to receive a copy of the submission without checking the box.

• Brian_Richardson
    Answer ✓

I don't think there's much of an answer here…not sure why you're not getting emails sometimes. It might be a delay issue or a problem somewhere between Smartsheet's mail service and your mail service.

You can open a Support ticket to see if they can troubleshoot, but chances are the answer will be "check your spam and, if not there, unclear".

You might also check to see if you have Safe Sharing enabled and if you have any Security restrictions on notifications. I don't see any specific notes that these controls affect the form submitter "copy of my response", but they might.

Sorry, I don't have other ideas.

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN

• No worries, this is super helpful. I will reach out to Smartsheet Support and our IT department, its mostly likely what you are describing also because we had been receiving the copies until recently and then they suddenly stopped. I appreciate your insight :) Thank you!