Creating a Portfolio View for Project Outcomes

Hello-

I am trying to create an executive view for our portfolio that highlights the Project owner, status, summary, and then active issues, risks and changes.

Mock up:

I have created summary fields within the project plan, QRAIDD log and change log in order to get the count like my mock up above and am creating a summary report to pull in the 3 sheets, but then it creates a row for each sheet. Is there any way to achieve the mock up above?

Summary report:

Answers

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @SaraM2245

You will need to have a sheet which pulls these values. Create a sheet and use cell links or formulas to get them to the corresponding columns. You can then do a report that pulls from exclusively this new sheet. If you've more than one project, you can make a copy of this sheet and use formulas/cell links to get similar values from your other project and your report can have multiple sources with the same fields to showcase projects across your portfolio with standard columns.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com

• @AravindGP - thank you for the quick response. So in order to get it into one row like my mock up I have to first create :

1. The summary report to pull the summary data fields in to a common report (as shown above)
    2. A second report that references each of the data elements in report #1 ?

There is no way to create it in one report? This will be a lot of overheard when we have 10+ projects in our portfolio.

Thanks

• AravindGP
    AravindGP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @SaraM2245

The reason I suggested a separate sheet for each project is to enable auto capture of the data points, which happens when you pull data through formulas. I assume you save as new your entire folder containing project assets each time a new project is created. You can still use a single sheet and have formulas in there to reference different project plans. You might hit cross sheet references limits when you have a lot of projects.

Roll up reporting is auto done usually if you've Control Center (which will be a separate license from Smartsheet). If you've too many projects, I suggest that you consider looking into Control Center.

Thanks,

Aravind GP| Principal Consultant

Atturra Data & Integration

M: +61493337445

E:Aravind.GP@atturra.com

W: www.atturra.com